Utilizing Effective Study Habits
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Sports Management Degrees and other Business Degree topics.
Studying is a lot like exercise. You can exercise the wrong way for hours at a time without recognizing any benefits. In the process, you're probably doing more to injure yourself and burn yourself out more than anything. The same principle applies to study habits. Making the best use of study skills will save you time and energy in the long run.
Some tips to consider include:
- How you approach studying. Are you a naturally negative or positive person? When faced with academic challenges, view them as learning experiences and seek appropriate academic guidance when necessary.
- Consider your study spot. Some people are able to study happily in a noisy environment and others must have complete silence. Where ever you study, make sure you're free of constant interruptions.
- Don't bring things you don't need to the study area including cell phones, Blackberries, or pagers. While a laptop might be important, make sure not to be tempted by instant messaging or games.
- Take breaks to allow your mind to relax and your body to stretch.
- Stick to a set schedule.
- Understand the course learning outcomes and what the class expectations are.
Effective study habits can encompass a wide range of skills. What's important is finding something that works for you.